Bang Sue บางซื่อ
Area 11.5 km2 (4.4 sq mi)
Rama VI Bridge was the first bridge to cross the Chao Phraya river. It was officially opened on 1 January 1923 and was named after King Vajiravudh (Rama VI). The 442 metre long and 10 metre wide road-rail bridge originally carried a single-track railway to the west and south of Thailand and a one-lane road. During World War II the bridge was heavily damaged by Allied bombing, since it was being used by the occupying Japanese. The reconstructed bridge was re-opened on 12 December 1953. In 1992, the road traffic was permanently diverted to the new Rama VII bridge slightly upstream as the SRT's upgrade works began to increase the capacity of the southern line by converting the road to another railway track.
Bang Sue district contains the northern terminus of the MRT Blue Line at Bang Sue MRT Station and the southern terminus of the MRT Purple Line at Tao Poon MRT Station. A shuttle bus connects the two stations.
State Railway of Thailand trains serve the Bang Sue Junction Railway Station.
In future the district will contain a new central station for Bangkok, Bang Sue Central Station along with a new business district. Three separate subway lines are being planned or constructed which will connect Bang Sue to other districts in Bangkok.