Bang Kho Laem บางคอแหลม
Area 10.921 km2 (4.217 sq mi)
Population 106,499 people
Bang Kho Laem was formerly a part of amphoe Ban Thawai in Phra Pradaeng province.
Ban Thawai was later reassigned to Phra Nakhon province, and renamed amphoe Yan Nawa. When Phra Nakhon and Thonburi were combined into a single province in 1972, the names of administrative units in the newly combined capital were changed from amphoe and tambon to district (khet) and sub-district (khwaeng). Thus, amphoe Yan Nawa (อำเภอยานนาวา) became khet Yan Nawa (เขตยานนาวา).
Due to population increases, on April 18, 1989, Yan Nawa Branch 2 (Khwaeng Bang Kho Laem) was established as a second administrative unit within the Yan Nawa district, overseeing three sub-districts: Bang Kho Laem, Wat Phraya Krai and Bang Khlo. It was separated as its own district on November 9, 1989, and called Bang Kho Laem.
- Rama III Road
- Charoen Krung Road
- Charoen Rat Road
- Ratchadaphisek Road
- Mahaisawan Road
- Chan Road
- Sathu Pradit Road
- Si Rat Express Way
Secondary streets in the district include:
- Sut Prasoet Road
- Chalaem Nimit Road
- Charoen Krung 85 and Sut Prasoet 9 (Soi Ban Mai)
- Charoen Krung 107, Charoen Rat 7, and Charoen Rat 10 (Soi Pradu 1)
- Charoen Rat 5, Charoen Rat 5 Yaek 4, Charoen Rat 7 Yaek 7, and Charoen Rat 8 (Soi Yu Di)
- Chan 43 (Soi Wat Phai Ngoen)
- Sathu Pradit 12 (Soi Thawi Sit)
- Charoen Rat 7 Yaek 35 (Soi Rat Uthit 1)
Asiatique located in the district is a famous open-air night shopping mall in Bangkok.