Bang Kapi (บางกะปิ)
|• Total||28.523 km2 (11.013 sq mi)|
|• Density||5,202.53/km2 (13,474.5/sq mi)|
The area of Bang Kapi has a history dating back to Rama III's reign when Chao Phraya Bodindecha (เจ้าพระยาบดินทรเดชา) led a troop to fight rebels in Champassack and Louangphabang and brought back people to settle there.
When it had grown in size, Bang Kapi was established as an amphoe of Phra Nakhon Province. It was once very large but has been split many times to form new amphoe and districts.
In 1966, the Huay Khwang sub-district and parts of the Bang Kapi sub-district were spun off to form Phaya Thai District.
In 1972, Phra Nakhon and Thonburi were joined as the single province Krung Thep Maha Nakhon. Administrative districts in the capital city were changed from Amphoe and tambon to districts (khet) and sub-district (khwaeng), respectively. Bang Kapi thus became a district of the newly combined province, having at that time nine sub-districts.
In 1977, the Sam Sen Nok sub-district was moved to Huai Khwang District.
In 1989, Lat Phrao District and Bueng Kum District were separated from Bang Kapi and became new districts.
On 14 October 1997, Wang Thonglang sub-district was elevated to a district, taking part of Khlong Chan sub-district with it.
- Ramkhamhaeng University
- National Institute of Development Administration (NIDA)
- Rattana Bundit University
- Assumption University
- National Housing Authority
- Bang Kapi School
- Ramkhamhaeng Advent International School (RAIS)
- Traill International School
- Wat Bueng Thong Lang
- Wat Phra Kaisri Noi
- Wat Thep Leela
- Wat Wat Chanthawongsaram (Klang)
- Wat Sri Bun Rueang
- The Mall Ramkhamhaeng
- The Mall Bang Kapi
- Big C Hua Mak
- Bang Kapi market
- Tesco Lotus Bang Kapi
- Kwan Riam floating market
- Ramkhamhaeng night market
- Happy Land Market
- Homepro (ถนนรามคำแหง)
- Tawanna shopping park
- Makro Bang Kapi
- Khlong Saen Saeb - Many piers for express boat service, including The Mall Bang Kapi. The mall Bangkapi boat pier.
- The Mall Bang Kapi bus station
- Ramkhamhaeng airport rail link station, located at Suan Luang District
- Hua Mak airport rail link station, located at Suan Luang District
- Vejthani Hospital (private hospital)
- Ramkhamhaeng Hospital (private hospital)
- Hua Mak Sports Complex (including Rajamangala Stadium)
- National Sports Museum, located at Hua Mak Sports Complex
- Prasart Museum
- Water Park Fantasia Lagoon at The Mall Bangkapi